Struggling with anxiety
This post is for individuals who are struggling with anxiety. How do I know if that is me?
Are you feeling overwhelmed and anxious? Is the hustle and bustle of a busy life catching up to you? You are not alone. Around 18-19% of the population suffers from an anxiety disorder, but only about 37% of those individuals seek treatment. Left untreated, anxiety can create a spiral. There are many clinicians at A Better Way Counseling service who specialize in working with anxiety. Check out our team page to learn more about our clinicians.
Here are five suggestions for ways to decrease anxiety:
- Take time for yourself. Set aside 5-10 minutes just for you.
- Practice coping skills. Create a list of all the ways you deal with stress. Think of one new technique to try!
- Track your stressors. What things are causing you stress? Which ones were worth it? Which can be let go of?
- Appreciate yourself. Choose one thing you like about your life or yourself and write it down.
- Engage in guided imagery. Sit quietly and imagine yourself in a relaxing place. Bring all your senses in.
We recommend the video “Mental Health Counseling and Dealing with Anxiety” for individuals struggling with their anxiety.
Photo credit: Robert Johnson