Come Join Our Team
A Better Way Counseling Services is a thriving group practice in Vancouver, Washington. We have a wide range of experience in our counseling team. We are seeking more providers who are eager to learn and grow in our agency.
About a Better Way Counseling Service
Robert Johnson and Debbie Tomasovic created A Better Way Counseling Services in 2009. They envisioned an agency that counselors, therapists, and support staff would want to work at.
An overarching concept of the agency culture is support. Consultation and training happen on an ongoing basis. Therapists and interns have the opportunity to staff cases, ask questions, be part of presentations, and view training videos. The agency offers training videos, guest speakers, a mental health Youtube channel, and a lot of opportunities for therapists to grow in their careers. Therapists can choose the population of clients they want to work with. If they have an interest they will also be assisted and supported in providing specialty groups and trainings.
Joining our team is more than just a counseling job. We are a lively, tight-knit team with clinical depth and a vast range of experience. We consult, mentor, and support each other. Ultimately, we are looking for someone who shares our values and is a good fit for our agency.
If you would like to learn more about our agency, please go to our mission page at https://abwcs.com
If you would like to apply for our open positions, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
What to include in your cover letter:
- What do you enjoy most about being a counselor?
- What is your favorite population to work with?
- Do you have any specialties or areas that you would prefer working with?
- Are you interested in starting a group?
- Do you speak any other languages?
What We Offer
- CEUs and ongoing trainings for a variety of counseling topics.
- An administrative support team who handles scheduling, billing, credentialing, and assistance for any problems that might arise.
- Consistent clients and flexible hours.
- Clinicial Templates and Assessments.
- Consultation for all clinicians and supervision for associate licensed counselors and interns.
- An electronic Health Record System.
- Two Locations with counseling and group rooms.
- Competitive wages.
- Immediate paneling with several large insurance companies.
Robert and Debbie have served on several networking boards and facilitated the Clark County Counselor Networking meeting for several years. We have a large all-staff meeting every week, that at times includes guest speakers from the community. We often invite other professionals to visit our agency. We offer presentations to various types of agencies. Collaboration from our agency occurs in-house and in our community.
We strive to help all personnel involved in our agency reach their highest potential. We want everyone doing work that they like, enjoy, and feel successful at. To this end we support, mentor, train, supervise, collaborate, challenge, and provide unique opportunities for anyone working on our team.