A Better Way Counseling offers a four-hour Theft/Consumer Awareness Class. Our curriculum is based on the current research that examines why people steal and what helps them change these patterns of behavior. We will explore impulsive stealing and compulsive stealing, which is also referred to as kleptomania. Our course is based on accountability and is far more interactive than alternative programs, with a personalized approach to examining:
- Why participants found themselves stealing,
- What their thinking and beliefs are around theft,
- Possible co-occurring mental health or substance abuse issues,
- Effective stress management and life management techniques,
- What to do when one’s values and morals don’t match their behaviors
- Research-based treatment recommendations for impulsive and compulsive stealing.
Theft/Consumer Awareness Class is $49.00. Prepayment is required in order to prepare materials and ensure enough space is reserved for all participants. Please register and prepay for a workshop by calling (360) 281-6824. We accept cash, credit, debit and money order only. Prepayment may also be made in person at our office.
Our next Theft/Consumer Awareness class is scheduled on Sunday, July 21, 2019 from 12pm-4pm.