Learn to love yourself instead of change yourself
This weekly therapy group is for women who want to overcome body shame, and nourish and heal their relationship with their body.
To sign up for Body Acceptance for Women, please contact the office at 360-281-6824 or click here.
In the Body Acceptance for Women group, our goal is to help you learn to connect with your body in a shame free, loving, and enthusiastic way.
We hope to help you achieve this through:
- Critically evaluating the ways our negative view of bodies has been influenced by our upbringing, peers, and society
- Deconstructing internalized body shame
- Removing the body shame barriers that stop us from doing activities that bring us joy
- Exploring what healthy looks like at every size
- Exploring how we can see our bodies as more than objects
- Becoming more mindful
- Learning to have compassion for ourselves and others
- Connecting with and getting encouragement from other women in the group that experience similar struggles
- NEXT GROUP BEGINS IN OCTOBER
- Mondays at 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- An 8 week group
- Size is limited to 8 participants
- Group is limited to those identifying as female
- Groups will be held via Zoom (HIPAA compliant online video chat)
- Cost is $55 each session
- Some insurances accepted – contact the office to get more information
- A sliding scale can be offered if financial assistance is needed
Please click here to let us know you are interested in this group. By providing your information, you will receive a notification when the start date of the next group has been set.
This group is designed for individuals who have an unhelpful relationship with their body, however it is not intended to treat those with an active eating disorder. If you feel that you are suffering from an eating disorder, please seek care through these suggested resources:
The journey towards Body Acceptance will be led by therapist Courtney Greif, LMHC.