Learn to love yourself instead of change yourself, this New Year
This weekly therapy group is for women who want to overcome body shame, and nourish and heal their relationship with their body.
In the Body Acceptance for Women group, our goal is to help you learn to connect with your body in a shame free, loving, and enthusiastic way.
We hope to help you achieve this through:
- Critically evaluating the ways our negative view of bodies has been influenced by our upbringing, peers, and society
- Deconstructing internalized body shame
- Removing the body shame barriers that stop us from doing activities that bring us joy
- Exploring what healthy looks like at every size
- Exploring how we can see our bodies as more than objects
- Becoming more mindful
- Learning to have compassion for ourselves and others
- Mondays at 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- An 8 week group beginning in January or February 2021
- Size is limited to 8 participants
- Group is limited to those identifying as female
- Groups will be held via Zoom (HIPAA compliant online video chat)
- Cost is $55 each session
- A sliding scale can be offered if financial assistance is needed
To sign up for Body Acceptance for Women, please contact the office at 360-281-6824.
This group is designed for individuals who have an unhelpful relationship with their body, however it is not intended to treat those with an active eating disorder. If you feel that you are suffering from an eating disorder, please seek care through these suggested resources:
The journey towards Body Acceptance will be led by therapists Chelsea Carter and Courtney Greif.