Body ACCEPTance Group for Women
Interested in the Body Acceptance Group?
Please click here to let us know you are interested in this body acceptance group. By providing your information, you will receive a notification when the start date of the next group has been set.
- THE NEXT BODY ACCEPTANCE GROUP WILL OPEN AT THE END OF SUMMER 2022
- Mondays at 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- This is an 8-week group
- Size is limited to 8 participants
- Group is limited to those identifying as female
- Groups will be held via Zoom (HIPAA compliant online video chat)
- The cost is $65 for each session
- A sliding scale can be offered if financial assistance is needed
- Critically evaluating the ways our negative view of bodies has been influenced by our upbringing, peers, and society
- Deconstructing internalized body shame
- Removing the body shame barriers that stop us from doing activities that bring us joy
- Exploring what healthy looks like at every size
- Exploring how we can see our bodies as more than objects
- Becoming more mindful
- Learning to have compassion for ourselves and others
- Connecting with and getting encouragement from other women in the group that experience similar struggles
This group is designed for individuals who have an unhelpful relationship with their body, however, it is not intended to treat those with an active eating disorder. If you feel that you are suffering from an eating disorder, please seek care through these suggested resources:
The journey towards Body Acceptance will be led by therapist Courtney Greif, LMHC.