Teen Art Therapy Group Details
- This group will be from 6:30-8 P.M on Mondays.
- The next group’s start date will be announced with participant interest.
- This is an 8-week group that will meet in person.
- The size is limited to 10 participants.
- This group costs $50 per 90-minute group session in addition to a one-time supply fee per participant. A sliding scale can be offered if financial assistance is needed.
- Art supplies will be provided for in-session exploration and expression.
Children over the age of 13 are required to sign for themselves in accordance with Washington state law.
- If you are interested in joining the group or would like to ask Gina some questions before signing up, please fill out the Sign-Up Sheet Here.
- Please fill out the Pre-Assessment Here.
- Please sign the Intake Form Here.
Who can join the group?
- Individuals who are high-school age, generally 14-18 years. Teens who are 13-years-old or have just graduated from high school can fill out the Sign-Up Sheet to be screened for appropriateness for group participation.
- Adolescents who are struggling with coping with everyday feelings including (but not limited to) stress, overwhelm, anger, sadness, loneliness, and rejection, and want to learn ways to use art and creativity to cope.
- All genders are welcome.
- No prior art training or skill required to benefit from art therapy.
Goals for the Teen Art Therapy Group
- To offer up a safe space for teen participants to learn ways to intentionally utilize art and other creative tools to cope with common feelings that come up in daily life at school, at home and in relationships with others.
- To invite teens to gather with their peers in a community that supports free expression (both verbal and symbolic) to reduce isolation and loneliness in this population.
- To provide psychoeducation and helpful practices that can be incorporated into the participant’s daily routine to cultivate mindful, nonjudgmental awareness and acceptance of all emotions.
This Group is Lead by,
Gina Kanagawa Schwartz, LMFT, ATR (She/Her)
Lauren Salerno, Student Therapist (She/Her)
Brandi Schultz, Student Therapist (She/Her)