- Theft/consumer awareness class
A Better Way Counseling offers a four-hour Theft/Consumer Awareness Class. Our curriculum is based on the current research that examines why people steal and what helps them change these patterns of behavior. We will explore impulsive stealing and compulsive stealing, which is also referred to as kleptomania. Our course is based on accountability and is far more interactive than alternative programs, with a personalized approach to examining:
- Why participants found themselves stealing,
- What their thinking and beliefs are around theft,
- Possible co-occurring mental health or substance abuse issues,
- Effective stress management and life management techniques,
- What to do when one’s values and morals don’t match their behaviors
- Research-based treatment recommendations for impulsive and compulsive stealing.
Theft/Consumer Awareness Class is $49.00 and occurs the first Saturday of each month, unless otherwise noted. Prepayment is required in order to prepare materials and ensure enough space is reserved for all participants. Please register and prepay for a workshop by calling (360) 281-6824. We accept credit and debit. Prepayment may also be made by mailing a money order (No Checks) or dropping off cash or a money Order at our office.
This class is usually scheduled on the first Saturday of the month from 9am-1pm. Holidays may affect scheduling, please call our office to pre-register and confirm class dates.
Our expected Theft/Consumer Awareness class dates for 2017 are as follows:
August 5th, 2017
September 9th, 2017
October 7th, 2017
November 4th, 2017
December 2nd, 2017
All content, information, writing, and descriptions are solely the property of Robert Johnson and A Better Way Counseling Service. Content on this website may not be reprinted without permission.